In the midst of adjusting to caring for little Dylan, this week held many challenges for us. Nicole's visit to the OB ended with her at the cardiologist and requiring transport home (she couldn't drive herself). She also couldn't feed Dylan that night because they didn't know the effect it might have. Luckly, she had pumped enough before hand and we had just enough to feed Dylan through the night. Boy, was I out of sleep that night. Dylan was cute though and even held onto his bottle at one point!
Her BP has been high at her visits to the doctor's office. Her home checks reveal much better pressures. We are hoping that her body will normalize in the coming days.
Brooks and Maddie have become more challenging. They will fight over who gets the other parent - the one not holding Dylan! I've found I can get one on each lap, when they then argue about who is monopolizing me. In an attempt to gain our attention, they have become very disobedient and loud and even crazier then before.
With me back a work, we really had a tough time from when I got home at 6:15 to getting Brooks and Maddie down at about 8pm. We have been lucky that we had meals brought to us all week. Next week will be quite different.
Since the weather was absolutely beautiful, we took the kids to a short trip to the Zoo on Friday. Dylan slept; Brooks and Maddie enjoyed themselves.
Today, Nicole and I had a quick break provided by my parents. We went to lunch and then to the Columbia Museum of Art to check out the Ansel Adams exhibit. It was nice to get away for a bit. We noticed how quite the car was with just us.
Daniel, Jamie and Mathew stopped by today for a visit as well.
Brooks and Maddie are beginging to warm up to Dylan. Every once and a while, Brooks will look up and say "We have 3 kids!" Maddie continues to make sure we take proper care of Dylan. Before we went to the zoo, I had Dylan in his car seat and left the room. When I returned, Brooks and Maddie we sitting beside Dylan. Brooks looked up at me and said "We're just talking to Dylan." Tonight, after a bit of fussiness, I de-swaddled Dylan and put him in his crib. He loved his mobile and was kicking and moving his hands. It is hard to believe that he already wants to be active. Brooks and Maddie enjoying onlooking. I even caught Brooks fake tickling little Dylan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment