Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow, Party, Party, Hospital, Kids

I'll take them in reverse:

Kids-  Today, I took the kids to church by myself, Nicole stayed home to rest (explanation below).  I got them ready in record time and had a second to take a picture of them all, for once, clean, and looking well groomed.  The pictures turned out cute, I think.

Hospital - Friday night, Nicole and I went to dinner to do a birthday celebration for Nicole.  A piece of steak got lodged in her throat at about her second bite.  She could breath just fine, but couldn't swallow.   After a night of pain, she decided to go to the ER.  Caroline (Saint!) took her so that I could keep the kids home.  They were able to push it down out and into her stomach.  She is doing much better now.  When she left for the hospital, Brooks said "Daddy, why is honey leaving?"

Party, Party: We had a double party for Brooks.  Last Saturday, we had a few of his friends from school over for cupcakes and balloons.  The kids all really seemed to enjoy themselves, it was a lot of fun.  Last Sunday, we had  Brooks' 4 year birthday.  It was great - hard to believe he is 4!  Brooks was cute opening his presents, he even checked the sizes of his shirts to make sure they would fit!

Snow: The kids really enjoyed the snow last weekend.  Their favorite part was making snow angels.  Maddie just thought that the snow angels were the best.  We tried for a snow man, but the snow was too light and fluffy AND Brooks and Maddie thought the best fun was running through the pile of snow we were mounding up.

Dylan is growing fast, 7 weeks tomorrow.  Just this week he has really enjoyed playing on his back with his entertainment center.  He is focusing on toys and other bright items and LOVES ceiling fans.  He has even started to coo every once and a while.  Brooks and Maddie have been really big help and will keep him entertained sometimes.  Dylan really loves to look at Brooks and Maddie and will often smile at them too.

No comments:

Followers