We took a trip to the aquarium with our friends that live in Mt. Pleasant and we had a great time. They can never seem to get enough but they were definitely exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel that night. The next day we went back to the beach for the morning and met our other friends for a couple of hours. They have a 6 year old little girl named Anson who we think Brooks had a little crush on. We would ask him what his favorite part was about the beach and he would say, shyly, 'Anson'. All in all, it was a great trip to the beach!
Brooks also had his first day of school last Thursday, and he seems to really enjoy it. Of course, it is like pulling teeth to get him to tell us anything about it, but we haven't had any tears or not wanting to go yet, so that must be a good sign. He talks about playing with his new friends, so overall, I think he is having a good time so far!
The other day, as I was trying to convince Brooks to eat his green beans, I told him that Spiderman loves green beans and they make him big and strong. Brooks looks at me and says, 'Mommy, Spiderman doesn't have a mouth.' Well, I had nothing.
Maddie has been doing great. On Brooks' first day of school, she did nothing but play with all of her girl stuff. She had all of her princess shoes out, she pulled out all of her pink books and just played girl stuff all morning. It was a lot of fun. We went to the library yesterday and I realized how much easier it is to take one child to the library than it is to take two. I think grocery shopping will be much less of a headache, too, at least until baby #3 comes along!
Speaking of baby #3, I had a doctor's appt this morning and everything seems to be going along great. Gene and I thought it would be a good idea to take the kids so they could hear the heartbeat. It was pretty crazy having the kids in there with us, but they heard the heartbeat and they both got quiet. It was really cute.
That is about it for the Bell clan. We hope all is well with everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment